September 19, 2008

Not That You Care, But ...

What I had tonight at Frisco Grille:

A taster of Southern Tier Imperial Pumking, considered the best pumpkin beer around. Eh, but I'm not that into fall/Oktoberfest/pumpkin beers. It was enjoyable for a taster and I can see where pumpkinheads fall in love with it, but not my thing.

A pint of Southern Tier Harvest, sort of a pale/ESB, enjoyable but a bit mild.

A pint of the Troegs Dead Reckoning Porter on cask. In a lot of ways this is a great beer but also disappoints. I love cask beer but even for a cask, this seemed a bit watery and flat. Its flavor was still robust but something was not quite perfect about it, but definitely the kind of beer you want to put on cask.

Lagunitas Imperial Red, which was fantastic. I'm not a red/amber fan by any means, but this was hoppy and fresh and complex and flavorful and very sessionable. Highly recommended.

No comments: