October 20, 2008

Brewer's Art Latest

Went down to The Brewer's Art a few nights ago, got a growler filled with Resurrection ($12.26 if I remember correctly) and had their latest: 7 Beauties Rye.

That was one strong brew. The dominant flavor was an almost burnt roastisness to go with coffee, with that signature something, hard to describe but classic Brewers Art, in the background. I think it colored the flavor of all the other beers I tried.

Even the next day drinking my growler of Resurrection it didn't taste quite right. Its definitely worth trying but it sort of stuck with me.

Also on tap were the 12 Labors Anniversary (celebrating their 12th anniversary), Ozzy, Resurrection and I think Beacon or another of the standard house brews.

Somewhat unrelated: their rosemary garlic mac-n-cheese (which was great!) is now "chipotle and caramelized onion mac-n-cheese". D'oh. I'll still try it at some point, but that's what it says on the menu.

No comments: