October 9, 2008

Weyerbacher Night at Frisco Grille Review

As previously mentioned on here, Frisco Grille hosted Weyerbacher beers for its weekly Wednesday pint night. The free pints were gone by the time I arrived around 7:30, but no matter (although they were nice-looking tulip glasses).

Frisco had seven Weyerbacher beers on: the famed Double Simcoe IPA, the Blasphemy (a Belgian style quad), Hops Infusion (an IPA), the Imperial Pumpkin Ale, the Slam Dunkel, the Heresy (a Russian Imperal Stout) and the Merry Monk's Ale (a tripel).

I had a taster of the pumpkin ale which was decent refreshing but not something I'd have a full drink of as I just don't enjoy that type of beer in large amounts. I also had a half pour of the Hops Infusion which was quite good and kicked before the night was over.

My nemesis, the Double Simcoe IPA, was also tried. I enjoyed it much more this time, but its still not a beer I really like or enjoy as famed as it is with the hop heads.

My favorites were definitely the Merry Monks tripel which was refreshing and aromatic and highly enjoyable, and the Slam Dunkel which was on the lighter side for a dunkel and also quite refreshing and a bit sweet.

One real treat was that the brewery rep was there to talk to and also provided several bottles of a yet-unnamed "smoked lager". The Frisco people poured the occasional taster of that for customers and I really enjoyed my sample so be on the lookout for that from Weyerbacher at some point.

No comments: